Pages

26 October 2012

A New Threat?


As if things couldn’t get worse. I have been trying not to listen to the media hype crap but alas, it finds its way to me in one shape or form. 

I know that we are all prepared or getting prepared and although I fit into the getting prepared category, I heard another topic the other day that caused me to think.

This is the time of year to get prepared for winter. Although hurricane season is coming to a close, it is obvious with the upgrade of Tropical Storm Sarah to a full bore hurricane, it is definitely not over for the East Coast.

  • Do you have batteries?
  • Do you have alternate power?
  • Do you have food?
  • Do you have water?


This is a great initial checklist for all preps but it doesn't necessarily focus on my latest topic. Politics! No, I will not be discussing the candidates, platforms or favoritism towards one or the other as this is not the media choice for that discussion.

My “instincts” kicked in when I thought about the outcomes regardless of the winner. What could happen is the question at the top of my list. 

  • Riots
  • Shortages
  • Fuel prices rise
  • Looting
  • In city/out of city

Although I don’t know the answers, this is a short time preparedness goal we need to set as a community. Regardless of which way the vote goes, these are possible.

STOP! No, this is not to scare you. This is not to make you fearful. This is, as always, using your instincts to survive. 

The idea actually came from a person who doesn’t watch politics, doesn’t watch the news, doesn’t focus on doomsday scenarios but still came to me for a solution.

So there it is folks, another thing to be prepared for. I am adding a few extra things just in case but pretty much sticking with my normal preps as a whole. Oh, what are they?

  • Extra water
  • Extra soup
  • Extra rice
  • Extra toilet paper
  • Extra batteries
  • and...Extra Bullets


Again, it is all prefaced with extra because it is just adding to my normal preps.

CALL TO ACTION: Check your preps. See if you need to add a little something extra.


Until then,
Use your instinct to survive

Photo Credit: ©2008 Oregon Mountain River Chapter of the American Red Cross

No comments:

Post a Comment