Pages

20 December 2011

Recipe - Zesty Crackers





Looking for something easy to make to keep the guests out of the kitchen while you are cooking this season. Try this version of Zesty Crackers. My dad brought me some and after I tried them, I definitely wanted his recipe. I am here to tell you, it was WELL worth the bribe.

Although I will take it, there is no need to bribe me for this crispy-treated recipe. Enjoy!

  • 1 Box Saltines
  • 1 1/2 C Canola Oil
  • 1 Package Ranch Dressing or Dip (Hidden Valley works well)
  • 2 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes (add more for extra spice)

  1. Take a large empty (cleaned) pickle jar and add entire box of crackers
  2. Mix in the remaining ingredients in a separate dish and then pour the mix into the jar over the crackers.
  3. Replace lid.
  4. Turn jar from upright to upside down and repeat about 5 times
  5. Lay jar on its side and turn 1/4 turn every 1-2 hours for first 10 hours (I turn it every time I pass by the jar)
  6. Turn jar every 3/4 turn every 3-4 hours.

After about 24 hours they are done. Not just crispy but zesty and very tasty.

Keep in mind it is not an exact science or recipe, if you will, but it is relatively easy and my children usually do the turning for me, so all I have to do is combine ingredients.


Until then,


Use your instincts to survive!



Photo:
freedigitalphotos.net/Stoonn

No comments:

Post a Comment